Sunday, February 14, 2016

My Kind of Love Songs

Happy Valentine's Day!
It's Valentines. And it has been snowing all day outside. It's beautiful.

Inside, though, someone is working in the bathroom downstairs installing a new bath after the shower stall broke. The smell and noise is not relaxing, but thankfully, it's not intruding either. So while that is going on, I am chillin' around at home with a different kind of love song. I mean, love songs. Different in a sense that you usually don't get to hear them being played on the radio with the popular ones, y'know, the ones that kids ask premature questions about and has more sounds than real words. (Y'know, what I mean? :D)

I just realized that I'm a helpless romantic after all these years of being married and having all these angels climbing on me, and having family dates. Valentines day is not that important here in Russia, so my husband and I have gone without it for years already. Still, I am all for love. And everyday, I am being reminded how I am loved and how wonderful it is to love. It just makes my day.

Here's my playlist (in no particular order).




1. Hold Me by Jamie Grace. Here's a link on Youtube.

I love that it's upbeat and oh-so-youthful. We, oldies, sometimes need something fresh to breath into our old souls.

My favorite lines...

I love you more than the words in my brain can express
I can't imagine even loving you less

Lord, I love the way you hold me
Whoa, oh, I love the way you hold me
Whoa, oh

2. More Like Falling In Love by Jason Gray.

He's one of my favorite singer/songwriter. My son and I had quite a conversation on this... especially about the rules and... breaking them. :)

3. 1000 Miles by Mark Schutlz

An old-time favorite with beautiful words.

4. My Heart, Your Home sang by Christy Nockels for Hillsong Kids album.

Both my husband and I love this. I used to sing this song when I was first learning how to play the guitar and he would just simply listen to me. Eventually, I got to sing this song on our wedding.

Come and make my heart Your home
Come and be everything I am and all I know
Search me through and through
Till my heart becomes a home for You

5. Falling by Paul Balochi

I am deliberately not including hymns, which I do listen to now and then and which keeps my faith and principles back on the firm ground, especially in our times when everything seems to be shaky, but I'll shortly mention them: O Perfect Love, Love Will Be Our Home, O Love That Will Not Let Me Go.

Here are songs that never fail to uplift me as I go through my day.

1. Remind Me Who I Am by Jason Gray.

2. A Beautiful Day by Jamie Grace.

I love these particular words. Whether it's raining or snowing, or freezing cold, or sunshiny outside, it makes my heart dance.

There's something 'bout the way
Your sun shines on my face
It's a love so true
I can never get enough of You...
It's a beautiful day.

3. O Happy Day sung by the Heritage Singers. The kids and I love the music video they made on this song. Even the baby makes requests for it to be played (her baby voice), "Mama, happy day?" And it just puts a smile on our face.

So wherever you are in right now--- in love, single or married, going on a date or no date, remember this: YOU ARE LOVED. And nothing can change that.

 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, 
nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, 
nor any other created thing, 
shall be able to separate us from the love of God 
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8:38-39

Enjoy your Valentine's Day! And when it's over, enjoy everyday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who is the Best Kid?

Finally, it's September 1st, the Day of Knowledge (as it is called here in Russia)! School starts officially today. But it falls on a ...