Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ultimate Loving

I was weak. I had a fit. Basically, I was complaining that I was tired of having to take care of three kids, help them with their homework, cook and feed them when I get home from work while my husband has to stay home. It was one of those mommy-things wherein the day's stress at work, the children's inexhaustible energy, the seemingly never-ending rituals of tucking them to bed, and some paranoid thoughts created a combustion that, well, I wasn't able to handle. Or maybe it's just me. I was tired and couldn't help but let other people (well, there was only my husband) know in a really, really huge way how I felt. Oh yeah, a pretty childish enormous way. I wasn't able to 'let go' when I should have let it all go and should have breathed in, breathed out. I shoulda, woulda, coulda... But it was too late.


The next morning, my husband was as totally confused as he was the night before when I had my tantrum. He had no clue why I was mad and trying to read my mind through my moods wasn't helping at all, and was just making him madder. We got in the car without saying a word. It was one of those gray days. The sky was gray, the mood in the car was gray, and the possibility of going through that day was even grayer.

Then, as we suffered through the painful silence, from the back of the car, a soft, sweet voice was heard: “Give thanks with a grateful heart. Give thanks to the Holy One. Give thanks because He has given Jesus Christ, His Son. And now, let the weak say I am strong, let the poor say I am rich... 

Ah, when we can't praise God, the Bible said that even the rocks will cry out. But it wasn't a rock crying out or singing this time. It was our three-year old daughter, Angelika. Yes, out of the mouth of a baby, wonderful praise was heard! She was singing so innocently, never knowing the impact that she has made on her poor Mama's day. I didn't have a clue that she knew the song, much less the right words of the song! And it was exactly what I needed that day. 

Photograph by Paul Nicklen
This is exactly how God changed my gray day. He turned it into rainbow-beautiful.
Oh, how I love the ways that God loves us. He loves in so many wondrous ways! It's just like those times when my little Angelika is tired, overwhelmed, appears jealous of her baby sister and has her tantrums... and I know exactly what she needs--- my attention, my love. So I hug her tight, kiss her and tell her that I love her. That no matter what she does, it won't make me love her less. That she will always be my daughter, my child forever.

I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, and that hug of love that He gave me through my daughter's song tells me that there is nothing I could do to make Him love me more or less. He loves me much already. He loves me to the uttermost. And He loves you, too.

"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 

Has God sent you a love message or a hug recently? If so, please share by leaving a comment below. Thanks. ~ZA

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this... inspiring. Thank's for sharing luv ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit too, Tess. You're doing a great job being a mom... God bless you more!

      Delete

Who is the Best Kid?

Finally, it's September 1st, the Day of Knowledge (as it is called here in Russia)! School starts officially today. But it falls on a ...